1st Annual MILEX Conference
Academic Integrity Conversations: Librarian/Faculty Collaborations
DATE: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Albin O. Kuhn Library & Gallery, University of Maryland - Baltimore County (UMBC)
REGISTRATION: Due by Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Member - $35 | Non-member - $45 | Membership and conference registration - $55
To pay by check or money order, please print and complete the REGISTRATION FORM (PDF).
You may mail the form and payment to:
Ms. Uta Hussong (MILEX Treasurer)
Albin O. Kuhn Library - UMBC
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, Maryland 21250
DIRECTIONS & PARKING: You may receive a parking pass by sending an e-mail (include your mailing address) to Ms. Hussong at email@example.com. Directions and Parking
DOCUMENTATION: Printable Conference Flyer | Printable Conference Program
- Registration & Coffee: 8:30 a.m.
- Keynote Speaker: 9:00 a.m.
Nancy Shapiro, PhD, Associate Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs, USM
- Session 1: 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. - Information and Integrity Overview
Sarah Sheehan, Reference Librarian, George Mason University
- Break: 10:30 - 10:40 a.m.
- Session 2: 10:45 - 11:45 a.m. - Better Teaching Through Collaboration and Integration
Beth Mulherrin, Collegiate Associate Professor & Academic Director, LIBS Program, UMUC
Lisa Bernstein, Director, Effective Writing Center, UMUC
- Lunch: 12:00 - 1:15 p.m. - Networking and Conversation
- Workshop: 1:30 - 3:00 p.m. - Assignment Design Promoting Critical Thinking
and Academic Integrity
Gloria Holland, EdD, Director of Technology Support Services & Instructional Designer, Towson University
Rachel Walker, Instructional Designer, CIAT, Towson University
- Final Thoughts: 3:00 - 3:30 p.m.